OnlineBound Podcast Episode 13
Michael Nelder: How to show up online authentically and creatively to build connections
November 10, 2021
In this episode, I’m speaking with Michael Nelder, a writer, spoken-word artist, and TEDx speaker. We talk about how to show up online authentically and creatively to build connections, dealing with perfectionism, and the importance of owning your story and trusting yourself.
Listen to the episode
Discussed in this episode:
- Showing up online with authenticity and vulnerability
- The importance of owning your story and trusting yourself
- How stories help us connect with others in a deeper way
- How sharing our stories help us see our own stories differently
- Taking space to reflect, including Michael’s reflection techniques and habits
- Dealing with perfectionism
- Finding motivation and inspiration so you can continue showing up even if you don’t feel like it
About Michael Nelder
Michael is the son of a preacher, writer, and spoken-word artist. At the United Way of Greater Los Angeles, he served as Impact Speaker using the power of storytelling to bring awareness, inspire action, and raise capital to combat poverty. A love for poetry and prose inspired his TEDx talk on the power of poetry in facilitating spaces for self-discovery and identity development. He’s been invited to speak, perform, and teach at universities, businesses, churches, and prisons. He is co-founder of The Auditory Museum, a storytelling organization that creates products to encourage connection.
Resources & links
? Michael’s SkillShare course: Writing for Inner Peace: 9 Spoken Word Prompts to Express Raw Emotion
? Website: michaelnelder.com
? Instagram: @michaelnelder
How you can support this podcast
If you like this podcast and find it useful, you can support it in the following ways:
Free ways to support this podcast
? Write a review on Apple Podcasts. Reviews are super important for the algorithm and help more people find the podcast.
? Share it with someone who may find it useful. The link to the podcast page is elenamutonono.com/podcast
? Share it on social media. On Instagram, tag @elenamutonono so I can see your post.