OnlineBound Podcast #16
Veronika Palovska: On freedom and responsibility when we teach online
December 22, 2021
In the last episode of this season of OnlineBound, I talk to Veronika Palovska, a brand strategist and my business partner in crime. We dive into the topic of freedom, how growing up in post-communist countries shaped our perception of it, and some of the ways it shows when running our businesses.
This conversation is about the importance of having your own definition of freedom and the courage it takes to pursue real freedom, not just the idea of it. We hope you’ll join us.
Listen to the episode
Discussed in this episode:
- Our experience of growing up in post-communist countries and what it taught us about freedom
- Why gaining freedom through online (teaching) business a great selling point — and what the ads don’t say
- Why freedom isn’t easy
- Why you need your own definition of freedom
- The mindsets we need to leave behind if we want to be truly free
About Veronika Palovska
Veronika Palovska is the founder of Do You Speak Freedom, a blog for online teachers and coaches, the co-founder and co-host (together with Elena) of the Smart Teacher’s Library, and the author and co-author of several books for online teachers and coaches. Her latest book is a workbook of writing prompts for online teachers and coaches, Writing for Dream Clients.
Since 2016, she’s been helping online teachers with branding, content marketing, and design so they can also build an independent business instead of selling their souls on online teaching marketplaces. She has helped tens of online teachers launch their blogs, websites, and their first products (books, workbooks, online courses, and programs).
How you can support this podcast
If you like this podcast and find it useful, you can support it in the following ways:
Free ways to support this podcast
- Write a review on Apple Podcasts. Reviews are super important for the algorithm and help more people find the podcast.
- Subscribe on your favorite podcast platform: Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
- Share it with someone who may find it useful. The link to the podcast page is elenamutonono.com/podcast
- Share it on social media. On Instagram, tag @elenamutonono so I can see your post.