OnlineBound Podcast #23
Lindsay Williams on changing your mindset when you teach online.
June 16, 2022
In this episode I’m speaking with Lindsay Williams about changing her mindset from a local language teacher to an online teacher to an online entrepreneur. Listen in to learn the story of Lindsay’s first course launch and her initial struggles with marketing.
We discuss why online language teachers find marketing most challenging, how teachers’ altruistic nature, coupled with highly commoditized industry of language teaching, prevents them from making their businesses sustainable.
Lindsay shares her insights on finding the balance between sharing our work for free vs. charging money for it. And don’t miss her helpful tips on how to go through global and personal changes when you work online.
Listen on: Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
Listen to the episode
Links and resources
- Lindsay’s website
- Lindsay’s Instagram or @lindsaydoeslanguages
- Lindsay’s brand-new free quiz What’s your Language Learning Personality?
- My mini-course How to Increase your Prices for online language teachers who want more freedom.
Lindsay Williams is the language obsessed human behind Lindsay Does Languages, a business dedicated to inspiring independent language learners and online tutors to succeed when doing it solo. She speaks a varying number of languages depending on the day of the week and how awake her brain is, but has studied 13+ to some degree of competence. One of her favourite projects is Language Stories, a video and podcast language documentary series. Lindsay helps solo language learners get better at language learning in her group program, Language Life.
How you can support this podcast
If you like this podcast and find it useful, you can support it in the following ways:
Free ways to support this podcast
- Write a review on Apple Podcasts. Reviews are super important for the algorithm and help more people find the podcast.
- Subscribe on your favorite podcast platform: Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
- Share it with someone who may find it useful. The link to the podcast page is elenamutonono.com/podcast
- Share it on social media. On Instagram, tag @elenamutonono so I can see your post.
Other ways to support me
- Buy my books.
- Check out my mini-courses.
OnlineBound is created and produced by Elena Mutonono and edited by Hanna James. Podcast branding and design by Veronika Palovska. Podcast music by James Martin.