OnlineBound Podcast #28
Ben Fox on self-publishing and marketing your book.
October 27, 2022
My guest today is Ben Fox, the founder of Shepherd.Com — a website that helps you find what to read next. Ben talks about the concept behind his project, how it started and how it is different from other similar websites.
He shares tips on how to pitch your project to other people in such a way that they cannot say no. He gives a few key marketing strategies for self-published authors, how to improve their book and make it successful.
As with many guests on OnlineBound, I ask Ben how he strikes balance between work and life, clears his mind after working long hours and how he prevents burnout. I hope you find this conversation useful.
Listen to the episode
Links and resources
- My article on Shepherd.Com “The best books for online language teachers to build their online business.“
- Reddit website that helps you look for specific communities. Here’s a community for Spanish learners.
- Tiny Marketing Actions podcast episode.
- How did this get made podcast.
- “Burnout: the secret of unlocking the stress cycle” by Emily and Amelia Nagoski.
How you can help this podcast
Free ways to support this podcast
- Write a review on Apple Podcasts. Reviews are super important for the algorithm and help more people find the podcast.
- Subscribe on your favorite podcast platform: Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
- Share it with someone who may find it useful. The link to the podcast page is elenamutonono.com/podcast
- Share it on social media. On Instagram, tag @elenamutonono so I can see your post.
Other ways to show your support
- Buy my books.
- Check out my courses.
- Learn more about teaching languages online the smart way: download my free kit.
OnlineBound is created and produced by Elena Mutonono and edited by Hanna James. Podcast branding by Veronika Palovska. Podcast music by James Martin.