OnlineBound Podcast #32
Marija Dobrovolska on why she shut down her business
December 22, 2022
In this episode I’m speaking with Marija Dobrovolska, a German teacher and the founder of Deutsch mit Marija Youtube channel.
Marija shares her experiences when she decided to shut down her business which was affected by the war between Russia and Ukraine. The decision wasn’t easy as her business was generating over 650k euros a year and employed 17 people.
Listen in on how Marija navigated and is still navigating this challenge, how it shifted her mindset about what she really wants for her business, how she wants and doesn’t want it to grow and how she was able to make a hard decision in the midst of the pressure to remain positive and tough.
Listen on: Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
Listen to the episode
Links and resources
- Hilf mir, “Deutsch mit Marija” zu retten. Marija’s video on Youtube about her decision to shut down her business, published on July 3, 2022.
- Deutsch mit Marija on Youtube
- Deutsch mit Marija website
- Deutsch mit Marija on Instagram
About Marija Dobrovolska
Marija Dobrovolska was born 1983 in Riga, Latvia and grew up there.
She moved to Germany for studies when she was 22. After university she decided not to become a school teacher and taught German to adults instead until 2016. She started her Youtube channel for advanced German learners, Deutsch mit Marija – along with the corresponding online language school. 2022, after her business experienced heavy turbulence because of the war in Ukraine, Marija had to rethink everything… And she is willing to tell you all about it. When Marija doesn’t teach, she reads, sings, spends time with her dog or tames her teenage daughter Katarina unsuccessfully 🙂
How you can help this podcast
Free ways to support this podcast
- Write a review on Apple Podcasts. Reviews are super important for the algorithm and help more people find the podcast.
- Subscribe on your favorite podcast platform: Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
- Share it with someone who may find it useful. The link to the podcast page is elenamutonono.com/podcast
- Share it on social media. On Instagram, tag @elenamutonono so I can see your post.
Other ways to show your support
- Buy my books.
- Check out my courses.
- Learn more about teaching languages online the smart way: download my free kit.
OnlineBound is created and produced by Elena Mutonono and edited by Hanna James. Podcast branding by Veronika Palovska. Podcast music by James Martin.