OnlineBound Podcasts #39-40
Olly Richards on storytelling and mindset shifts in business
April 27, 2023
In these episodes, I’m speaking with Olly Richards, the founder of StoryLearning. In the first half of our talk, we discuss the importance of stories and the stress of growing a business.
Olly describes the role of storytelling in language learning and how he built his methodology around it. He also shares what makes it so effective as a marketing tool for small businesses.
In the second part of the interview, we continue talking about the relationship we have with money as business owners, the anxiety that can result, and how to overcome those feelings.
Listen on: Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
Listen to the episode
Links and resources
- StoryLearning website
- iwillteachyoualanguage on Instagram
- Olly’s interview with Benny Lewis
- The Company of One by Paul Jarvis
- The Untethered Soul and The Surrender Experiment by Michael Singer
About Olly Richards
Olly Richards is the founder of StoryLearning.com, an author and language specialist who lives in Devon, UK. StoryLearning reaches millions of people monthly through various media including blogs, YouTube and podcast. Olly has published 20+ books with language publisher Teach Yourself, and dozens more with his own publishing house, StoryLearning Press. In addition to teaching languages, Olly writes about education businesses at ollyrichards.co and is co-founder of creatorsmarts.com, a creator education business.
How you can help this podcast
Free ways to support this podcast
- Write a review on Apple Podcasts. Reviews are super important for the algorithm and help more people find the podcast.
- Subscribe on your favorite podcast platform: Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
- Share it with someone who may find it useful. The link to the podcast page is elenamutonono.com/podcast
- Share it on social media. On Instagram, tag @elenamutonono so I can see your post.
Other ways to show your support
- Buy my books.
- Check out my courses.
- Learn more about teaching languages online the smart way: download my free kit.
OnlineBound is created and produced by Elena Mutonono and edited by Hanna James. Podcast notes, graphic design, and tech support by Jessica Gardner. Podcast music by James Martin.