OnlineBound Podcast Episode 14
Marloes De Vries: How to accept the change, say no, and stay connected to yourself
November 24, 2021
In this episode, I’m joined by Marloes De Vries, a visual artist, writer, and illustrator. We talk about navigating change as a business owner or freelancer, which includes listening to your intuition (and not just other people’s needs), saying no, or giving up control — and other issues online teachers deal with all the time.
I hope you can join us for this thought-provoking discussion, especially if your business (or some part of it) doesn’t feel right at the moment, but you’re scared of change.
People buy your joy.
Listen to the episode
Discussed in this episode:
- Changing career when you work for yourself
- Listening to your intuition and staying in tune with yourself versus listening to your clients
- Pursuing new ideas versus sticking with things that bring you money
- How to know it’s time to quit
- How to say no, and why “no” is a positive word
Marloes De Vries is a visual artist, writer and illustrator with over 17 years of experience in the creative field. She started freelancing in 2008: first as a graphic designer but turned to illustration in 2010. She makes illustrations for magazines and (children’s) books, writes non-fiction books and articles for adults, writes and draws comics and started making landscape paintings in 2020.
Resources & links
How you can support this podcast
If you like this podcast and find it useful, you can support it in the following ways:
Free ways to support this podcast
- Write a review on Apple Podcasts. Reviews are super important for the algorithm and help more people find the podcast.
- Subscribe on your favorite podcast platform: Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
- Share it with someone who may find it useful. The link to the podcast page is elenamutonono.com/podcast
- Share it on social media. On Instagram, tag @elenamutonono so I can see your post.