OnlineBound Podcast #30
Marlene McNally on the difference between coaching and teaching.
November 17, 2022
In this episode I’m speaking with Marlene McNally, a life coach and a mentor who shares how teaching is different from coaching and what coaching involves when we help our clients succeed.
Marlene uses her own experience as a language learner, why it was hard for her to master certain skills despite working really hard and what she wishes now she would have known then about the way our mindset keeps us from achieving our goals.
Listen to learn how to coach your clients when they feel stuck or hit a wall in their language learning journey, what questions to ask and what concepts to introduce to them so they take more responsibility for their progress and put all the tips you shared with them into practice.
Listen to the episode
Links and resources
- Marlene McNally’s website.
- Episode 7 with Marlene McNally, How to overcome the limits of your mindset when you run a business online.
- Episode 15 with Marlene McNally, How to embrace risk and uncertainty when you run a coaching business.
How you can help this podcast
Free ways to support this podcast
- Write a review on Apple Podcasts. Reviews are super important for the algorithm and help more people find the podcast.
- Subscribe on your favorite podcast platform: Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
- Share it with someone who may find it useful. The link to the podcast page is elenamutonono.com/podcast
- Share it on social media. On Instagram, tag @elenamutonono so I can see your post.
Other ways to show your support
- Buy my books.
- Check out my courses.
- Learn more about teaching languages online the smart way: download my free kit.
OnlineBound is created and produced by Elena Mutonono and edited by Hanna James. Podcast branding by Veronika Palovska. Podcast music by James Martin.